The chair of mental health patients within the medical school was created in 1940. During those years, psychiatry education was limited to theoretical courses taught by the late Dr. Rezaei. Also, once or twice a year, the late Dr. MirSepasi held clinical classes for the students at the municipal madhouse. In 1946, the current location of the Roozbeh Hospital, was owned by the madhouse and a section named polyclinic was created. In 1950, a 30-bed section was created at the current Imam-Khomeini hospital (which was formerly named, 1000-bed hospital) and later in 1951 this section was transferred to the current location of Roozbeh Hospital. That was how, Roozbeh Hospital officially joined the University of Tehran. In 1955, construction of the first psychiatric hospital was initiated in the garden of this hospital; in the year of 1956 Roozbeh Hospital included mental sections 1 and 2. In 1960 the building of the hospital was reconstructed and the current men-only sections 2 and 3 and also the current women-only 1 and 2 were added to the building. In 1960 with the inauguration of new buildings, the capacity of the hospital was increased to 100 beds.